Welcome to the very first edition of “TV and Film Bytes“!
At the end of every week, on Saturday or Friday, depending where you, dear reader, lives, I will be posting a weekly round-up of television and film news that I found interesting, and my reaction towards them.
- Loving what they are doing on “Gotham” right now. It’s come a long way since Season 1. Plus, I loved Mr. Freeze, and I’m still scared for Penguin. Can’t wait for more proactive Bruce Wayne in the future!
- I didn’t expect things to go down the way that they did in the latest episode of “The 100”. However, I did like how they played up the paranoia and tension within Arkadia as Pike began to crack down on those who opposed him and his plans.
- Also, the Clexa fans should give their flaming and spamming a rest since the network just renewed it for a fourth season. I just need Pike to get gone, soon.
“Supergirl”, “The Flash”, “Arrow”
- Supergirl/Flash crossover is just within reach, and I can’t wait to see how Barry ended up in another universe. Also, Grant Gustin shared an Instagram picture of a scene he did with his on screen father, who looks pretty pensive in the picture.
- Not so stoked about Brie Larvan returning to the “Flarrowverse” though, as she’ll be appearing soon in an episode of “Arrow”.
“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”
- “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s” return, for me, was a little bit underwhelming. I am curious to see what happens to Coulson now, especially as he’s a little bit darker than before, and I like seeing Team Secret Warriors working together like that. Of course, the opening scene makes me start to theory craft, but I’m not as intrigued by that as I am with the grave scene in “Arrow”.
- “Firefly” mini reunion!
- I am actually quite happy with how they handled the reveal of what Castle was doing in Los Angeles when he went missing a year and a half ago. Although, I think I’m in the minority on that. I’m curious to see what will happen when he gets back to New York. Will he tell Beckett or not?
TV RENEWALS & UPDATES
-I am glad that the CW has renewed most of their programming slate. In particular, I’m glad that we’ll be seeing more of “The Flash”, “Arrow”, “Legends of Tomorrow” and “The 100”.
– “Scream” Season 2 will be premiering May 31, and I’m excited for its return. I actually liked this and I prefer it over “Scream Queens”.
– I am optimistically cautious about the “Riverdale” television series, but I’m liking the casting so far for the main core characters and recurring characters. I am interested to see what Cole Sprouse can offer as Jughead Jones, who just so happens to be one of my favorite characters in “Archie”.
– I am strangely excited for the “Powerpuff Girls” reboot, which will begin airing on April 4, 2016.
“Captain America: Civil War” Trailer 2 (FINAL TRAILER)
- By this time, I have watched the trailer around four or five times, and I’m still not yet tired of the awesome that fans and viewers alike will be witnessing come May 6, 2016. I myself am quite excited for this.
- At first, many had reservations about the fact that they were going to change some things compared to the comic book event it was based upon, but the changes that they worked out was extremely well done. At the end of the day, it still stays to the core concept of the “Civil War” event, in which they are fighting over whether or not they should be held accountable for the damage that they cause during battles with enemies and threats
“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” Supplementary Readings
- Loved the fact that J.K. Rowling is writing a four part series on the History of Magic in America! I love it when authors and film makers are able to expand their universe’s more and allow fans to get a glimpse of the world building they are doing. Check it out on Pottermore.
“Justice Leage: Part 1”
- I am over the moon that J.K. Simmons will be portraying Commissioner Gordon. I am sure that he will do the character justice. However, I do wonder whether Gordon is retired at this point in time as Ben Affleck’s Batman is a little older than Christian Bale’s.
“Miss Saigon: The Movie”
- My favorite musical getting turned into a movie?! They better do this right. Seriously. But this is exciting news.
“Young Han Solo Movie”
- I am glad that we’ll get to see Chewbacca in the film. I am hoping that we’ll be able to see how they met each other, and I hope that they’ll also explain the “life-debt” that Chewie has to Han.
- I will gladly watch Chris Hemsworth in this one. I loved the opening, with the slow piano version of the original “Ghostbusters” theme playing in the background, but I’m not expecting the film to be as great as the original films.
“Spider-Man” Reboot Casting
- I’m not sure about how I feel about Zendaya being cast as a character named Michelle, but then again, I haven’t really seen much of her work to be able to form a good opinion on her acting skills.
I am currently catching up on “Doctor Who” (I’m in the season finale of Season 8), “11.22.63”, “The Night Manager”, “Vikings”, “Once Upon A Time”, and trying to find time to squeeze a little bit of “Star Wars:Clone Wars” in.
Has anyone been watching the Kdrama “Descendants of the Sun”? I hear it’s dominating the airwaves in Asia right now, and I also want to see if it’s as good as they say.
I apologize for not being able to place every single bit of news that came out this week, as I’m only concentrating on the things that I do love and watch.
However, feel free to leave suggestions on what you want me to talk about in the comments below (be nice!).
Also, I’d love it if you also told me what you thought about these topics and feel free to let me know what your favorite episode or what bit of tv and film news you got excited about for this week!